Randi and John are everything that you you wish a couple to be, super fun, open, adorable and they crack each other up! Which made our shoot, at the UC Davis Arboretum, really easy and truly enjoyable. This is by far one of my favorite places to shoot pretty much anywhere. And it also happens to be where John popped the question. So it was the perfect setting for their engagement photos. I look forward to photographing Randi and John’s Fall 2014 wedding. Thanks you both for an amazing day!
I met up with these 2 wonderful people a couple of weeks ago at Treasure Island. We were originally supposed to shoot in the city but for timing and convenience purposes, this location worked out better and boy am I happy for the change of plans! I love shooting in San Francisco but part of what my makes my job so exciting and keeps me passionate about it is scouting and shooting in new locations. And Treasure Island is totally my cup of tea, as well as Remy’s, apparently we both share a love for nitty, gritty industrial locales 😉 Juxtaposing a beautiful couple against this kind of back drop makes for such a fun shoot and the light was amazing the whole time, even better! I had such a blast with these two and I cannot wait for their city wedding in June…enjoy!
Annel and Carlos will hold their wedding this July at the beautiful Casa Real, Ruby Hill Winery and I am so excited to photograph another wedding at this fantastic venue! Golden Gate Park is such a great place for engagement sessions. With so many separate locations inside one large location, it provides many wonderful back drops and it makes it even better when you have a beautiful San Francisco day to top it off. Annel and Carlos’ wedding will be focused on the joining of 2 families…sounds like a perfect wedding day already.
Once again a congratulation is in order! I am excited that you have chosen Lady of Light Photography to photograph your upcoming wedding. Our first photographic encounter will be your engagement session. It is such an important session to help us get to know each other better and for you and your fiance to get a feel of the way I like to shoot and for me to get a better feel of you as a couple. Your actual wedding day will be a bit of whirlwind so it’s always nice to get a chance to spend some time with you before hand in a more casual atmosphere. With that being said, below are some tips and frequently asked questions that can help you before you session and please always feel free to email or call me if you still have more questions…thanks and I can’t wait to see you again!
1. Q: When should I schedule my engagement photo session? A: Engagement sessions can be booked anytime prior to your wedding but most couples book their session at least 5 months prior to the wedding date. If you are using the images from your engagement session for save the date cards or for a wedding day slide show, it is best to book your session sooner in order to give time for me to get the images processed and out to you etc.
2. Q: What can I expect at our session? A: Engagement sessions are like all of my sessions in that they are meant to be fun, relaxed and most importantly convey the love between you and your partner. We will choose 2 locations of your choice for the session. If you need help thinking of places I can definitely help with that. It’s always fun to do something that you and your partner both love to do such as, going to a bookstore, having a picnic in the park, roller skating 😉 Any activity that you both enjoy doing together is a perfect choice for your engagement session. It will ensure that you are having a great time and it will come across in the images!
3. Q: How long will my session last? A: Engagement sessions are usually and hour and a half to two hours. This gives plenty of time for location and wardrobe changes.
4. Q: After our session how long will it be until I receive my photos? A: You will have your images edited and up in your gallery within 4 weeks of our session. Your disk will be sent out at this time as well.
5. Q: Any other tips or suggestions to help me prepare for my session: A: Like I always say for all of my sessions, make sure you get plenty of rest the night before. Try to eat a small meal beforehand so that you have energy and are not grumpy 🙂 And most importantly remember this session is meant to document your partner and the love you have for one another. So let’s get together and have some fun! And if you need ideas for what to wear for our session, please take a look at this pinterest board created just for this occasion.
Shanel and Rae are busy, busy people! They are parents of 2 young children and both work full time. So we had to schedule a couple of sessions in order to complete there engagement photos but it was so totally worth it. China Beach is simply gorgeous ( I had never even been there before) shame on me! And of course the Embarcadero is one of my favorite places to shoot, especially at night. We had a super fun time and I am looking forward to there wedding next June. Enjoy 🙂
I loved Nathan and Kaelen’s idea of doing there engagement photos in an industrial area of Berkeley. I love Berkeley and I love juxtaposing a great looking couple against the gritty backdrops of factories, construction areas and graffiti 🙂 We had a great time and I am super happy with how everything turned out… looking forward to their wedding next month in Sausalito! Enjoy!
Nature is one of my biggest inspiriations, so needless to say I was so excited to spend an evening with my very dear friend Brooke and her soon to be hubby Thane, in the beautiful Marin Headlands, documenting their love and frolicking around 🙂 I had never shot specifically at Rodeo Beach and I do have to say it may be my new favorite…with the ocean to the left, the mountains to the right and some pretty cool buildings right up the road, we had plenty of choices for back drops. I am very excited to photograph Brooke and Thane’s wedding in South Lake Tahoe in August…this is what love should look like.