Once again a congratulation is in order! I am excited that you have chosen Lady of Light Photography to photograph your upcoming wedding. Our first photographic encounter will be your engagement session. It is such an important session to help us get to know each other better and for you and your fiance to get a feel of the way I like to shoot and for me to get a better feel of you as a couple. Your actual wedding day will be a bit of whirlwind so it’s always nice to get a chance to spend some time with you before hand in a more casual atmosphere. With that being said, below are some tips and frequently asked questions that can help you before you session and please always feel free to email or call me if you still have more questions…thanks and I can’t wait to see you again!
1. Q: When should I schedule my engagement photo session? A: Engagement sessions can be booked anytime prior to your wedding but most couples book their session at least 5 months prior to the wedding date. If you are using the images from your engagement session for save the date cards or for a wedding day slide show, it is best to book your session sooner in order to give time for me to get the images processed and out to you etc.
2. Q: What can I expect at our session? A: Engagement sessions are like all of my sessions in that they are meant to be fun, relaxed and most importantly convey the love between you and your partner. We will choose 2 locations of your choice for the session. If you need help thinking of places I can definitely help with that. It’s always fun to do something that you and your partner both love to do such as, going to a bookstore, having a picnic in the park, roller skating 😉 Any activity that you both enjoy doing together is a perfect choice for your engagement session. It will ensure that you are having a great time and it will come across in the images!
3. Q: How long will my session last? A: Engagement sessions are usually and hour and a half to two hours. This gives plenty of time for location and wardrobe changes.
4. Q: After our session how long will it be until I receive my photos? A: You will have your images edited and up in your gallery within 4 weeks of our session. Your disk will be sent out at this time as well.
5. Q: Any other tips or suggestions to help me prepare for my session: A: Like I always say for all of my sessions, make sure you get plenty of rest the night before. Try to eat a small meal beforehand so that you have energy and are not grumpy 🙂 And most importantly remember this session is meant to document your partner and the love you have for one another. So let’s get together and have some fun! And if you need ideas for what to wear for our session, please take a look at this pinterest board created just for this occasion.